BWB Consulting provided design engineering services for the A605 Kings Dyke Level Crossing Closure and Bypass project - a new road and bridge over the Ely to Peterborough railway line. BWB provided the role of contractors engineering manager (CEM) for the GRIP 5, delivered the design of the new 35m span pre-stressed concrete bridge and the design of the palisade fencing design for the level crossing closure.
As CEM, BWB liaised with Jones Bros, Cambridgeshire County Council and Network Rail Asset Management to ensure communication and actions were undertaken in a collaborative and coherent manner.
BWB's CEM duties included:
Responsibility for nominating adequate CREs for
- Permanent works design of the bridge
- Permanent works design for the level crossing palisade fencing
- Temporary works designer
- Temporary works coordinator
- Gap analysis between GRIP 4 design and scope of work for GRIP 5 design
- Chairing interdisciplinary checks (IDCs) and interdisciplinary reviews (IDRs)
- Chairing safe by design workshops in line with common safety method risk assessment (CSM-RA)
- Addressing DRN comments
- Producing engineering compliance certificates (ECC)
- Reviewing and approving the following designs:
- Permanent works bridge design
- Palisade fencing level crossing design
Temporary works of Site hoarding, Piling rig and piling mats, Scaffolding, Crane platforms, Edge protection.
Reviewing and approving of Construction phase plan, Work package plans, Traffic management plan and Track monitoring plan.
Associate Director - Rail Civils
View profile | contact