William Davis Ltd
Flood Alleviation and Mitigation Design
Ground Gas and Vapour Investigation
BWB's earthworks and drainage expertise is being utilised by housebuilder William Davis Ltd for this major 740-home residential development in Droitwich. The 100-acre Copcut Rise scheme includes affordable housing, commercial units, communal open spaces and infrastructure improvements on land off Copcut Lane.
Our geotechnics team examined the groundwork conditions of the site and developed an earthworks specification along with a cut and fill strategy. We discovered that much of the onsite earth was very granular and therefore unsuitable for use in creating the three large attenuation ponds. Through permeability testing we identified alternative areas of the site which had soil that was more suitable which enabled the Contractor to locate the best material.
We also supervised the earthworks which involved checking the testing results onsite and providing a validation report. This document acted as a warranty of the Contractor's report and ensured the client had confidence that the ground was suitable for the proposed development.
BWB provided specialist Civil Engineering, Transport,
Geo-Environmental, Geotechnical and Flood Risk
services and our key achievements on this project
- Completed the design of and secured technical approval for £5m+ of offsite highway improvements, including the creation of a new landmark site access on the A38.
- Obtaining approval for a commercially viable, yet
ecologically sympathetic watercourse diversion and
- Establishing a balanced earthworks strategy that
permitted phased development and reduced
movement of material
- Redesigned the approve site drainage strategy to provide maximum flexibility in terms of development phasing and technical approvals/engrossments.
- Negotiating a significantly less onerous Travel Plan than
previously required including considerably less exposure
to funding for improved bus services.