The £23M improvement scheme to Farnley Park Maths & Computing College contract was constructed as part of the Leeds Building Schools for the Future (BSF) programme. The project involved the construction of state-of-the-art facilities for staff, pupils and members of the wider community, allowing the school to achieve its target growth and meet the increased demand for pupil places.
New facilities include:
- new school entrance and reception area
- main school hall
- learning resource centre
- sports hall and external sports facilities
- activity studios
- hydrotherapy pool
- dining hall
- drama facilities
- open learning areas administration/office space
- improved vehicle parking areas
Specific challenges that BWB overcame include:-
- value engineering of the foundation solution to overcome complex ground conditions, including treatment of used mine workings.
- construction of a new structure on a live school site, with the added constraints of existing structures in close proximity to the building.
- extremely restricted parking provisions and local highway network.
Service Director - Building Structures
View profile | contact