BWB was appointed as the multi-disciplined designer by the Isle of Man Railways to produce a track renewal scheme and construction package for the re-design and renewal of the Switches and Crossings (S&C) at Snaefell Mountain Railways tram shed.
The Isle of Man Government operate and maintain 3 railways on the island - Isle of Man Steam Railway, Manx Electric Railway and Snaefell Mountain Railway, all of which are narrow gauge.
BWB's scope of work included the following:
- Renewal and re-alignment of existing life expired track with new materials
- Replacement of 3 Switches and Crossing units
- Construction of an additional siding line with connection to existing lines
- Design of track and surface water drainage
- Design of building foundations
- Design of Overhead Line Electrification pole foundations.