Power to the People - Co-Designing Sustainable Places for a Better Future - UKREiiF 2022
13 May 2022
For a fresh approach to urban development, we invite UKREiiF delegates to attend the BWB roundtable discussion 'Power to the People - Co-Designing Sustainable Places for a Better Future'.
Taking place Thursday 19 May, between 12 - 1pm, this dynamic discussion will bring together a broad range of leaders from across the built environment sector to discuss how the changing needs of citizens are driving how we shape, design and build the world around us.
With the need for the creation of more sustainable urban mobility and net zero driven designs, to reanimating places through co-design, the needs of current and future generations must be considered when forming sustainable places. This session will explore how human needs influence urban planning, and a sustainable way of living.
This exciting discussion will explore a number of topics such as:
- How we best plan, design and build today for the needs of future generations
- How can co-design principles create better places for current and future users?
- By incorporating community voice and influence in place design can we create 'the IKEA effect' and bring community-driven life back to forgotten urban areas?
- With sustainability at the top of most agendas, is the concept of the 15-Minute City no longer a 'nice-to-have' but rather a 'must have' planning aspiration?
- and many more!
Alongside BWB Chief Executive Steve Wooler and Deetu Director Iwan Lloyd-Smith, we will be joined by:
- Cath Shaw - Deputy Chief Executive, London Borough of Barnet
- John Morgan - Director, Leonard Design Architects
- Martin McKay - Executive Director of Regeneration, Clyde Gateway
- Nicola Wallis - Residential Sales Director, Scarborough Group International
- Stuart Baird - Director, BakerBaird Communications
- Victoria Hills - Chief Executive, Royal Town Planning Institute
This roundtable discussion promises to be an interesting and insightful session, exploring important topics regarding the future of our industry. We encourage all UKREiiF delegates to join us, or alternatively get in touch to meet up with a member of the BWB team during the three day event.